To use this, do the following:
- Insert the Automated Fader plugin on an insert bin (e.g on a bus insert)
- Double click to open it and switch to the MIDI Routing tab
- Notice that by default all MIDI input ports are disabled. By default Forte does not send MIDI to insert plugins.
- Right click on the MIDI input port you want to receive MIDI on and select "Enable incoming MIDI on this MIDI port" in the popup menu.
- Open the tree control for that input port to show the 16 input channels
- Select the incoming channel you wish to receive automation MIDI on
- Select the Controllers tab on the right
- Notice that by default all MIDI controllers are disabled. This is part of Forte's "default MIDI off" for inserts.
- Right click the To column of the CC number you wish to use and select the "Attenuation" parameter at the end of the popup menu.