Start a new topic

Bluetooth with Forte

I have a spare BT page turning pedal now idle as I have bought a more up-market version. It has a volume up/volume down setting which would be ideal for use with my keytar guitar controller. However, Forte does not have BT. Is there some way to use this in Forte by converting BT through wireless or similar?

Well, I've got the pedal adjusting the volume of my Surface Pro but not Forte. I've looked at the volume adjust and learn functions in the rack, but obviously Forte is not responding due to lack of BT support. Is there some intermediate app that can turn BT into midi commands that Forte will respond to?

I assume it's sending keystrokes or some such over bluetooth connection.
You could check which by opening Notepad and pressing the pedal. See if/which character is sent.

In that case you could try Bome MIDI Translator to transform keystrokes into MIDI commands and send those to forte over a virtual MIDI cable (Tobias Erichsen's loopMIDI, for instance).

I do this the other way around - transforming MIDI CC into keystroke - to automate forte's rack power button.

That sounds really cool. I'll check it out.
Hi Antal. Yes it's sending keystrokes. I found Midi Translator and Loop Midi. However, I use another program by Tobias called ftp Midi which allows my iPad to call up Forte scenes over wireless. When I tried to install Loop Midi, it insisted I uninstall ftpmidi which I cannot do as my auto scene changes in Forte depend on it. Is there another system that may work?
Ah ok, so far so good. Bome can also initialize one or more virtual MIDI ports itself without any additional program. Check the manual or flip through the menu's a bit.
Actually, I tried the pedal in Notepad and it did nothing. Is this good or bad? It will raise and lower pc volume when connected.
I wonder what it sends out then. Can you capture it with Bome? Or is the pedal programmable to another button?
The pedal has five button modes but can be reprogrammed using software. Regarding capture in Bome - it didn't appear as a midi input option. Can Bome do a search and find?
You don't have to declare/see it as a device, as it's simply another computer keyboard with just two keys essentially.
Select "keystroke" as the Input for your translator.

See this image from the Bome site:

You don't have to see it as a device, as it's essentially just a normal computer keyboard with just two keys. Might be handy to reprogram it to keys you can recognize, but probably not necessary.

Select "keystroke" as the Input for your translator preset in Bome:
https://www.bome.com/wp-content/gallery/products_mt_screenshots1_8/MT_keystrokes_incoming.png

You don't have to see it as a device, as it's essentially just a normal computer keyboard with just two keys. Might be handy to reprogram it to keys you can recognize, but probably not necessary.

Select "keystroke" as the Input for your translator preset in Bome.

Keystroke doesn't show as an option when I click the midi in menu option at the top. Where will I find it?
No need to go into that menu.
Just create a new preset with a new translator and select "keystroke" as the input in the "Incoming" configuration of that translator.

Check the screenshot titled "Trigger actions by pressing keys on your QWERTY keyboard." here

https://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator

No need to go into that menu.
Just create a new preset with a new translator and select "keystroke" as the input in the "Incoming" configuration of that translator.

Check the screenshot titled "Trigger actions by pressing keys on your QWERTY keyboard." at the Bome site Translator Pro product page (can't seem to add a link for some reason).

Login or Signup to post a comment