Start a new topic

OP-X II Pro x64 Forte 4.2 7.34

I've been trying to use sonicrpojects op-x plugin now for a few years. It seems that Forte and this plugin just do not get along. I just updated to the latest version (1.2.5 x64) and added OP-X back in my rack (which had been very stable). I was really excited that this time it might work. Here's the issue. In my rack I created one scene that is using the OP-X. I scroll to that scene, it works great. When I scroll to the next scene, which is not using the OP-X, it crashes. It does not matter what scene I put next in the rack, it always crashes if it is not using the OP-X. The exception is when the next scene is using the OP-X. Then it does not crash. It does not crash when I scroll to the previous scene. In other words, it crashes every time the next scene is a non-OP-X scene. I removed OP-X from the device compatibility file. i re-ordered the plugin in the rack, i trimmed. What else can I try? I love this plugin, I love Forte.

Did you try trimming your rack?  That might help?

Hi, Ask the developper of the Opx pro. they could sent you a plugin version for you. It has something to do with the sample rate (44100 / 48000) .

For me the opxpro works now.

BR

Thank you for replying. Did you contact the developer yourself? What specifically did you ask for?

Yes, i contact the developer myself.Sent them e mail.

Alex, thank you again for the info. I reached out to sonicProjects and downloaded the plugin. It seems to be working well so far. I will put it through the paces this week. I'll be very happy if this takes care of the issue. Be well BG

I use OP-X and OP-X II in my rack and haven't experienced this crashing problem.  What is the download you got from SonicProjects?  Is it different than the latest version available for download to owners?

It is the same version number as the latest version 1.2.5. SonicProjects released what the called an in- place fix to that version March. If you go to the login area on their site you can download it. So far so good for me but I am still testing it.

So I am sorry to have to say this but I'm giving up on OP-X working in Forte. The last update seemed to take care of the sudden crashes but patches do not load properly most of the time. It is extremely unreliable. This is very disappointing because it is such a great sounding plugin. I'm too invested in Forte to switch to the competition. Besides, even with the quirkiness of Forte, and there is certainly quirkiness, I've become quite attached to the product. 

Bruce (and Mike), I'm also noticing some quirkiness loading OP-X (maybe OP-X II) patches in forte4.  I'm noticing some quirkiness with XILS5000 as well.  Patches aren't being recalled correctly.  Correcting the patch and saving the scene again doesn't mean it will load correctly next time.  It's a bit "hit or miss".

Have you seen this:  https://brainspawn.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/19000015529-plugin-compatibility-fixes

Check the section "Altering how Forte saves a plugin's state when capturing or updating a scene"

I don't have the old OP-X but OP-X II seems to be saving and reloading only the FXB data (which I would expect to be correct.)

If you can narrow this down a bit it would be helpful.

Mike

Hi Mike,

On that linked page, you mention there being devicecompatibility.xml in two different directories, saying that "Forte will load both files at startup with the 2nd one overriding the 1st."  When you say "override;" if there is an entry for PLUGIN-A  in the file located in the Install folder, and that entry does not exist in in the User directory version of the file, does the entry for PLUGIN-A from the Install folder actually control how PLUGIN-A loads?

Thanks Mike for the post. I had not setup this plugin in the devicecompatibility.xml file. I have followed the instructions in the link you provided. I hope this addresses the issue. I was not real sure what to set for this plugin so I went with:

<saveFXB bool="1"/> <saveFXP bool="0"/> <saveProgramNumber bool="0"/> <saveParams bool="0"/>

<loadFXB bool="1"/> <loadFXP bool="0"/> <loadProgramNumber bool="0"/> <loadParams bool="0"/>

Hopefully this is correct. If anybody has a better suggestion please let me know.

Yes it does.  It loads the install dir version, and the "overlays" the user version.

Update: So I followed the instructions. First I started with one scene using the OP-X in my rack of a dozen or so scenes. I am happy to report that the OP-X patch a loaded correctly whenever I started/restarted Forte. That is the good news. I created a second scene using the OP-X. This is now the last scene in my rack. Here is where it gets weird. When I start Forte it opens with this new scene and the correct patch is loaded. Perfect. If I use the scene change arrows I can go from scene to scene without issue. However, if I left mouse click and select a scene (which is how I select scenes) from the list Forte crashes (Mike, I sent a report). I can make this happen every time. Looks like I'm removing the OP-X from my rack again. This is frustrating and depressing. 

Login or Signup to post a comment